In short, we collect the minimum amount of personal information necessary for the purpose of your interaction with us. We don’t sell it to third parties.
Identity of Zalloy Automotive Limited
We’re Zalloy Automotive Limited, 9-11 Marles Close, Newark NG24 2FD United Kingdom.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website – https://www.zalloys.com/.
2 What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we’ll process in connection with our products and services, if relevant, includes:
- You name and contact details
- Records of your contact with us such as your IP address and MAC address
- Products you have purchased from us or have been interested in
- Marketing to you and analysing data, including history of those communications, whether you open them or click on links, and information about products or services we think you may be interested in, and analysing data to help target offers to you that we think are of interest or relevance to you
- Vehicle make and model, for example, where you have contacted us about product suitability or for support installing a product
- Information we buy or rent from third parties, such as demographic information and social media profiles
- Insights gained from analysis
- VAT registration number for some business customers
3 What is the source of your personal information?
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly
- Business partners (for example, financial services institutions, insurers), account beneficiaries, or others who are a part of providing your products and services or operating our business
- From other sources such as publicly available directories and information (for example, telephone directory, social media, internet, news articles)
- We buy or rent information about you or customers generally from third parties including demographic information and social media profiles
4 What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To allow the purchase and delivery of products
- Updating your records
- To test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes
- To improve the operation of our business
- To follow guidance and best practice under the change to rules of governmental and regulatory bodies
- For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
- To keep records of our communications with you and our staff
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics
- If you opt in, for direct marketing communications. We may send marketing to you by SMS, email, phone, post, social media and digital channels (for example, using Facebook Custom Audiences and Google Custom Match)
- To provide personalised content to you, such as tailoring our products, our digital customer experience and offerings, and deciding which offers or promotions to show you on our digital channels
- To develop new products and services and to review and improve current products
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
- To provide insight and analysis of our customers, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or improve the operating of our business
- To share information, as needed, with service providers as part of providing our products or operating our business
- To facilitate the sale of one or more parts of our business
5 What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
1 Where it is needed to provide you with our products, such as:
a) Managing enquiries about and orders for our products
b) Sharing your personal information with business partners and services providers to help in the ordering, delivery or support of our products
2 Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
a) To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes
b) To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies
c) For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
d) To keep records of our communications with you and our staff
e) For market research and analysis and developing statistics
f) For direct marketing communications to help us to offer you relevant products. We will send marketing to you by SMS, email, phone, post and social media and digital channels (for example, using Facebook Custom Audiences and Google Custom Match)
g) Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
3 To comply with our legal obligations
4 With your consent or explicit consent for some direct marketing communications
6 When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- Business partners (for example, fulfilment providers and approved product installers) who are a part of providing your products or operating our business
- Governmental and regulatory bodies such as HMRC
- Organisations and businesses who provide services to us such as back up and server hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers, email and communication service providers, customer information management system providers, system integration service providers
- Marketing partners in order to serve you with relevant adverts such as Google and Facebook
7 How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details on our Contact page.
8 Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
We’re based in the UK but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. If we do so we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements, unless certain exceptions apply.
9 What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records using the details on our Contact page. We’ll then update your records where possible.
10 Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We’re unable to provide you with our products if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
11 Do we do any monitoring involving processing of your personal information?
In this section monitoring means any: listening to, recording of, viewing of, or taking and keeping records (as the case may be) of calls, email, text messages, social media messages, in person (face to face) meetings and other communications.
We may monitor where permitted by law and we’ll do this where the law requires it, in the interests of protecting the security procedures and for quality control and staff training purposes. This information may be shared for the purposes described above.
12 For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods to you and then for as long as someone could contact us for support or bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
13 What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details on our Contact page.
14 Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us by going to our Contact page to exercise these rights.
15 What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
We may use your home address, phone numbers, email address and social media or digital channels (for example, Facebook, Google and message facilities in other platforms) to contact you according to your marketing preferences.
You can opt out of any email or text marketing by following the unsubscribe links. If you receive a marketing call from us, you can ask the person who called you to opt you out. You can also write to us at Zalloy Automotive Limited, Units 9-11 Marles Close, Newark NG24 2FD United Kingdom. Or through our Contact page.